what what?

This is just me. My thoughts, some jokes, and hopefully some insight on life. Whatever life is we are all cought in it- so if you have any insight for mine please share. After all i can only say what i know, and chances are you know something i dont.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Silence is soothing

This whole no music thing is harder than i thought it would be. And i wanted to clarify a couple of things that i didnt say last time. Fasting is sacred. Fasting in this case and in most cases is a physical self denial in order to remove distraction and focus more on your relationship with God. It shouldnt just be some thing that i do. Truth is i have wanted to do a music fast for a while, but actually carrying it out just seemed to get pushed back on my agenda. (besides i drive a lot and really like to rock out while in transit) And silence... is a beautiful and terrifying thing. The past three days while driving- its calm, but without the noise i can actually hear my own thoughts. Prayer is so stinkin incredibal- i find i get bored with no music, but then conversation with God fills not only my time- but my heart too.

Enough with the spiritual stuf- here is something to ponder (hehe i like that word... ponder... say it a few times out loud and think about how strainge our language is)
many people say that they hate the dentist. personally i dislike everything about the dentist visit- but did you know that dentists have the highest suicide rate of anyone in the medical profession? and why not- noone likes to go and see them. Perhaps we should all try a little harder to appriceate our dentists, cause as wierd as it is that they chose to stick their hands in mouths for a living- they need a pat on the back too

3 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger tugboatcapn said...

Hi, T.C.!!
Personally, I love the dentist, he makes my teeth stop hurting!!My last root canal was the second best experience of my life (Right behind my wedding night.)
The musical fast was a novel idea. I don't know if I am strong enough to do something like that.
Ever since you left, I have been playing more than ever. Suddenly it seems important again.
Love your blog. Keep posting!!

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger Daffy76 said...

The reason people fear the dentist is because no matter what he does to you, while he's working you can't scream.

Keep posting! More of us are reading than just Mike.

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Toad734 said...

Being a proctologist would be worse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home