what what?

This is just me. My thoughts, some jokes, and hopefully some insight on life. Whatever life is we are all cought in it- so if you have any insight for mine please share. After all i can only say what i know, and chances are you know something i dont.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

ZOOM OUT

Hot coco and warm fuzzy slippers. A blanket and my book. Sitting on a couch- in my living room.
ZOOM OUT

My house in my neighborhood. The cars the dogs the bushes the trash cans.

ZOOM OUT

The town and the coastline. The bay to the gulf (sorry geography may be hard to imagine) The land in between with streets and buildings and neighborhoods.

ZOOM OUT

The state. And the clouds that swirril above it.

ZOOMING STILL

The curviture of the earth- the sun rising over it if you wish :)

ONE LAST ZOOM

Our beloved planet from the moon.

This is not a reading rainbow world- where imagination can rule your heart. But if we lose sight of where we are, and the wonder of it all- where will we be this holiday season. Christmas is great but the whole world does not expect to spend thousands of millions$ on gifts. Hug the ones you love. The money is not worth you being depressed or stressed out on what you can or cant get. Cause truly we are just little people in our homes, on a planet, in one solarsystem, in one galixy- (on a frog on a log in a hole on the bottom of the sea) Not to make you or me feel small (we are) but to remind all of us that the celebration of a holiday is smaller than we are. It does not define us- it is just something we CHOOSE to do. Celebrate- and try to not get any more elaborate than your means can provide. Christmas was not started as a gift giving benge- it began as a celebration of a gift recieved. So celebrate it! and keep in mind also that every day is a gift to be celebrated! Not one of them is promised to us- but we recieve and forget to thank the giver of all good things.

ZOOM OUT!

7 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Blogger o-likewoah said...

..thats cause your mom is cool :) haha-

yeah actually I was about to post something about the attack on the phraise "Merry Christmas". The news stations wont say it anymore either. Seems like in a country that prides itself on being so tolerent- its people are still very intolerent.

I have only been in an airplain once- and I had the isle seat. Kinda stank- cause I deffinately wanted to see the ground! But I was so scared that I really just couldnt wait to land as soon as possibal. Something about thousands of pounds of metal hurriling itself through the air with me in it freaks me right out. :P

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger o-likewoah said...

yeah that bidding thing- isnt it the same with our national defense contracts right? hmmmm- the army with the cheepest gunns wins!

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger dead to self said...

thats just like how theve taken hokidays off school calenders and replaced christmas with "winter break" easter is now "spring break"
and even at work places like food lion there allowed off for easter because they consider that a "religious" holiday yet they dont have off on christmas because christmas is what? not a religious holiday? i rele liked this post it just put things in perspective for me . thanx.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger o-likewoah said...

Yep. You know cultural vocabulary is funky like that- cultures themselves are funky. I just have to wonder who are the people behind the scenes that are wispering in the media's ear that coorperate America- indeed all America will no longer say merry christmas or celebrate it as a religious holiday because its now "politically incorrect". Who decides what is and isnt politically correct anyway? And why do we listen? Here is another provoking thought: Our teachers and professors dictate so much what we think and reason through - but who tought them? And how much of that was dictated and canned to be surved up and taken as truth. Food for thought right?

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger ChefNele said...

That you for reminding me! Just today the whole family was bustling about buying gifts which turned into a tri-state- coordination-fiasco....as is typical of our family.....and I was wandering through the Home Depot returning one gift and exhcaning it for another and trying to buy one or two more things for my Thai Aunt Waree....and the whoe tie I was stressing about money, and whether or not I could afford to go gt a salad at the Ruby Tuesday. Because after all, if I don't save the money for the mini-vacation that Evan and I want to go on, then the whole uiverse is going to come to and end.....
And sitting here reading your post reminded me that it really IS ALL GOING TO BE OKAY. So, I got my salad.
Love you sweetie!
(Danielle)

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger o-likewoah said...

HURRAH FOR SALAD! hehe- I love you too :)

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger o-likewoah said...

Hey i laughed- and even so 3 of these comments are yours and 4 of them are mine :p

And yeah we are heading for godlessness as a nation, in most ways we are already there. I just got done posting about that, kinda.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home